serving communities in massachusetts and connecticut
FirstLight Power is a leading clean power producer based in Massachusetts and Connecticut with a portfolio that includes over 1,400 MW of hydroelectric generation, pumped hydro energy storage, and solar generation. Our locations include two pumped hydro energy storage facilities, six conventional hydroelectric generation plants, five run-of-river hydroelectric generation plants, and one solar generation facility.
Choose a facility below to learn more about it.
Please use the list below the map to select a location.
- Brandeis University Battery
- Cabot Generating Station
- Northfield Mountain Pumped Hydro Storage Station
- Northfield Mountain Solar Generating Station
- Turners Falls Generating Station (No. 1 Station)
- UMASS Dartmouth Battery Storage
- Bantam Generating Station
- Bulls Bridge Generating Station
- Falls Village Generating Station
- Robertsville Generating Station
- Rocky River Pumped Hydro Storage Station
- Scotland Dam Generating Station
- Shepaug Generating Station
- Stevenson Generating Station
- Taftville Generating Station
- Tunnel Generating Station
Rocky River Pumped Hydro Storage Station
Completed in 1929, Rocky River was the very first pumped hydro storage station in the United States. Located along the Housatonic River in New Milford, Rocky River is Connecticut’s largest energy storage facility. Candlewood Lake, Connecticut’s largest lake, was created specifically to store the water that is used to generate electricity during times when it’s needed most, like hot summer days or during the polar vortex of 2018.