serving communities in massachusetts and connecticut
FirstLight Power is a leading clean power producer based in Massachusetts and Connecticut with a portfolio that includes over 1,400 MW of hydroelectric generation, pumped hydro energy storage, and solar generation. Our locations include two pumped hydro energy storage facilities, six conventional hydroelectric generation plants, five run-of-river hydroelectric generation plants, and one solar generation facility.
Choose a facility below to learn more about it.
Please use the list below the map to select a location.
- Brandeis University Battery
- Cabot Generating Station
- Northfield Mountain Pumped Hydro Storage Station
- Northfield Mountain Solar Generating Station
- Turners Falls Generating Station (No. 1 Station)
- UMASS Dartmouth Battery Storage
- Bantam Generating Station
- Bulls Bridge Generating Station
- Falls Village Generating Station
- Robertsville Generating Station
- Rocky River Pumped Hydro Storage Station
- Scotland Dam Generating Station
- Shepaug Generating Station
- Stevenson Generating Station
- Taftville Generating Station
- Tunnel Generating Station
Scotland Dam Generating Station
The Scotland Dam Generating Station is a single-unit, Class I run-of-river hydroelectric station located on the Shetucket River in Windham.
Completed in 1937, this station operates as part of a trio of renewable hydroelectric dams in Eastern Connecticut that generates a total capacity of approximately 6.3 MW of carbon-free electricity. In 2018 FirstLight completed work on a state-of-the-art fish elevator (gray steel structure in the foreground) used for both upstream and downstream passage of fish.