serving communities in massachusetts and connecticut
FirstLight Power is a leading clean power producer based in Massachusetts and Connecticut with a portfolio that includes over 1,400 MW of hydroelectric generation, pumped hydro energy storage, and solar generation. Our locations include two pumped hydro energy storage facilities, six conventional hydroelectric generation plants, five run-of-river hydroelectric generation plants, and one solar generation facility.
Choose a facility below to learn more about it.
Please use the list below the map to select a location.
- Brandeis University Battery
- Cabot Generating Station
- Northfield Mountain Pumped Hydro Storage Station
- Northfield Mountain Solar Generating Station
- Turners Falls Generating Station (No. 1 Station)
- UMASS Dartmouth Battery Storage
- Bantam Generating Station
- Bulls Bridge Generating Station
- Falls Village Generating Station
- Robertsville Generating Station
- Rocky River Pumped Hydro Storage Station
- Scotland Dam Generating Station
- Shepaug Generating Station
- Stevenson Generating Station
- Taftville Generating Station
- Tunnel Generating Station
Northfield Mountain Pumped Hydro Storage Station
Northfield Mountain, FirstLight’s flagship facility, is New England’s largest energy storage facility. This giant water battery is capable of powering more than 1 million homes for up to 7.5 hours each and every day, making it an ideal solution to help other intermittent renewable resources like windpower decrease greenhouse gas emissions in the region. The “Mountain”, as it is known in the community, stores energy in an upper pond that is then released through the station when electricity is needed most. It provides fantastic recreational opportunities for visitors to take advantage of, including hiking, rock climbing, fishing, camping, snow shoeing, and other activities.